Saturday, October 29, 2011

settling in..

hey everyone! life is treating me quite well here in matagalpa... i am getting closer and closer with the communities i am working in.. since i have written last, my schedule from day to day has varied.. I built a garden with the kids in my site and now i am hoping to start a class with them about taking care of gardens and planting different types of food.. every saturday i am in a nearby community helping in the high school, usually with english.. i am about to start clearing a field for starting a tball league next month.. it would be nice to have a team in every communityand get together every weekend..  as for possible projects im looking at getting a pump for a well by this next summer.. i am going to be starting a youth group just for developing relationships for now.. but when i start building stoves or ovens im hoping a few of them can take interest and start building independently.. ill hopefully be joining the local baseball team next month.. i just spent my last week back down in carazo with my training family for our language taller.. 8 hours of spanish for 4 days straight.. it went well and my grammer was certainly improved.. matagalpa is my favorite city in nicaragua hands down.. sorry this was way short.. but gotta catch the bus back to site.. hope all is well and take care


  much love .. maclaine

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maclaine,

    I just received an invitation to serve in the PC as an agricultural and food security volunteer in Nicaragua. I'd like to speak with you about your experience. If you are interested, please shoot me an email.

    Kindly,

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Ali! good to hear from you! ide love to chat with you about whatever! looking forward to meeting you!

      Delete