Tuesday, March 1, 2011

medically cleared!!... waiting on legal

okay, so i have been addicted to peace corps journals and peace corps wiki websites the last four months so i figured i would start this whole blogging business.. my application process has looked as the following..

september 22 - submitted online application
november 2 - interview
november 29 - nominated to sub-sahara africa leaving in june 2011 working in agriculture extension
january 7th - sent medical packet to dc
late january - dental complete / legal hold
march 1- medical complete / legal still on hold

i received an email earlier requiring me to fill out a questionnaire on my drug and alcohol behavior... ha yikes.. 

back in 2008, tailgating at a football game i was spotted by a training iowa state campus officer who saw me holding a beer. didn't think this one would come back to bite me in the ass.. as a result i was given a PAULA ( possession of alcohol under legal age ). so........

if all goes well and this is passed i could know where i am headed within a few weeks!!
extremely excited!

has anyone else dealt with any issues like this or am i the only irresponsible 19 year old?!?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! We are in the exact same boat..almost. I am nominated for sub-saharan Africa leaving in June too, but mine is for HIV. I sent in my medical packet about the same time as you but still have not gotten clearence. I also got into (minor) trouble with alcohol and had to fill out that form...oh my, that form.

    ReplyDelete